A fire is a traumatic event that unfortunately may take place. It is a very in-depth process, and it is our job to help. We assist in temporary housing, damage assessment, personal property documentation, business interruption, loss of rental income and property restoration.
As many people might not realize, the adjustment and repair process that follows a fire or any other insurance claim is difficult and stressful. This is largely due to having to make adjustments without the proper training or knowledge. Our clients regain their normal lives more quickly and easily than those who “do it alone.” We understand everyone’s need to concentrate on their families and professions without added financial worry or unfamiliar responsibilities.
To speak with an experienced Chicago Insurance Adjust about fire damage to your home, give us a call right away at 630-654-2600 for a free consultation.
Dealing With Fire Damage
Michaelson & Messinger Insurance Specialists, LLC assists you by:
- Complete reconstruction from fire, water, storm damage, plumbing damage, vehicle into building damage, theft and vandalism
- Remediation from fire, water and smoke damage
- Remodeling projects such as kitchen, bathroom, flooring, painting, basement remodeling, roofing, patios and decks, etc.
- We handle all permitting and architectural requirements
- We handle all inspections by either the Village, Township, City or Mortgage Company
- All work to be performed is presented in writing in an item by item contract
- All work is covered under warranty
- Temporary Housing
- Property Preservation
- Tax and Demolition form compliance
What You Can Do To Get Started
If you can safely reenter the building, find these documents whenever possible: Id’s, insurance paperwork, and any medical and financial information as well as other property that is valuable to you, such as cash, jewelry, mementos, wedding albums and more. Be careful not to disturb the scene as well. Do NOT discard property that has been damaged and document your losses with photos and video. Cover what you can with tarps and boards to prevent further damages; and keep detailed receipts throughout this process for any expenditures.